ZR® Saline Flush Syringes
Heparin Lock Syringes
All Excelsior Medical, LLC ZR® Prefilled Syringes:
- Terminally sterilized for additional safety
- Unit dose packaging – ready to use
- 2 year shelf life**
- Barcoded to speed inventory control and minimize errors
- Latex and preservative free
- Resource effective – staff focus on patient care – not syringe filling
- Helps pharmacy comply with USP 797
ZR syringes use Anti-Reflux Technology*
Recent literature2, 3, 4 focuses on many causes of catheter occlusions:
Excelsior Medical, LLC ZR family of syringes uses Anti-Reflux Technology* to minimize syringe-related reflux.
|ZR||Competitor B||Competitor C|
|Designed to reduce reflux||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Terminally sterilized||All products||Only saline||All products|
|Full line of heparin products(1, 2, 10, and 100 Unit/mL)||Yes||No||No|
*Data on file at Excelsior Medical, LLC
** Codes E0500 55 (10U/mL heparin 5mL in 10mL syringe) and E0600 55 (100U/mL heparin 5mL in 10mL syringe) have a shelf life of 18 months
“When all aspects are considered, catheter flushing is much more than injecting some fluid through the catheter lumen. Clinical outcomes depend on the entire system (catheters, syringes, injection caps and nursing technique) working together.”4
For more information, click here
- Refers to reflux generated by syringe plunger. Data on file.
- Schilling, S., et al. “The impact of Needleless Connector Device Design on Central Venous Catheter Occlusion in Children: A Prospective, Controlled Trial.” J. Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition, Vol. 30, No. 2., 2006. pp. 85-90.
- Hardy, G. and Patrick Ball. “Clogbusting: time for a concerted approach to catheter occulusions?” Current Opinion in Clinical Nutrition and Metabolic Care 2005, 8:277-283.
- Hadaway, L. “Flushing vascular access catheters: Risks for infection transmission.” Infection Control Resource, Vol 4, No. 2, 2007.
ZR is a trademark of Excelsior Medical, LLC